One of the most important ways you can get involved in helping our community is by becoming a hunger advocate. Advocacy is critical to fighting hunger, and becoming a hunger advocate offers many ways to become active not only in important public policy issues of the day, but also within the Central Oregon community. We encourage you to join us as a hunger advocate today. Listed below are ways you can help to make a difference.
Tell Your Story | Your story can help to make a difference. Tell us about your experience with any of the following issues by emailing it to us at email@example.com.
- Accessing emergency food
- Losing your job in this tough economy
- Having trouble making ends meet
- Working for wages that don’t support your family
- Being homeless
- How you’ve benefited from community food systems
- Difficulty accessing food or services where you live
- A time when a local agency helped you back on your feet
- How you’ve benefited from food stamps,WIC, school breakfast and lunch, summer food, etc. or farmers market coupons
- A memorable experience you had as volunteer at one of our local agencies that help to feed the hungry
Volunteer in the Community
Join the Cause! | Become a member of HPC and learn how you can help.
Donate Today! | Support HPC and know that you are helping to provide nutritious food for the hungry in Central Oregon.
Send a Letter to your legislators | Please take a moment to ask your representative to support and pass Chairman Miller’s version of the child nutrition bill (H.R. 5504) and to thank your Senators for their support of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act (S. 3307).
Sen. Jeffery A. Merkley (DEM)
Sen. Ron Wyden (DEM)
Rep. Greg P. Walden (REP)